Vinyl siding has been making a come-back in the past decade or so, and it is not hard to see why! With the advances in engineering and technology, huge improvements have been made to vinyl siding. It is now one of the best options for exterior coverings. Here are some of the benefits that come from having vinyl siding:
1. Budget-Friendly. Even though it is now one of the most desired options, vinyl continues to offer huge cost savings over other types of home exteriors (such as brick or stone). The cost is low because the manufacturing process is cheaper than quarrying natural resources. The low cost, in addition to all the other benefits, make vinyl siding a clear front runner.
2. Durable & Long-Lasting. Vinyl is engineered in such a way that it won’t buckle, warp, or rot. It is also dent-resistant and will last for years and years, so you won’t have to worry about replacing it.
3. Low-Maintenance. Unlike wood siding that you have to paint after installation and then upkeep every year, vinyl siding literally requires zero maintenance other than cleaning with soapy water as needed.
4. Weather-Resistant. Vinyl is made to be mildew and moisture resistant. It can also withstand high winds and heavy storms, so you don’t need to worry about it being ripped off of your house. It won’t crack in low temperatures or swell in high temperatures.
5. Eco-Friendly. Not only is the production of vinyl siding eco-friendly (the manufacturing of vinyl is low in VOC emissions and is not a big contributor of greenhouse gasses), but it will also help you reduce the amount of energy you use to heat and cool your home.
6. Aesthetically Pleasing. Vinyl siding has an advantage over other options because it will continue to look great after decades. Homeowners today have a myriad of options when it comes to the appearance of vinyl siding. You can choose from a huge selection of colors, textures, plank sizes or shapes (scallops, shakers, etc.).